Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acronis True Image-Image Creation

Hi,

Let's have a look to another way,(additional to norton ghost), to take an image of our disk or partition.

As i said image is a clone of your disk or partition. It is only one file after the image. Viruses can't infect this file so it provides you a secure quick recovery, if your pc infects from viruses.

To make an image you must have (2) hard disks or (1) disk with (2) or more partitions.

To shrink your hard disk, right click to My Computer>Manage>Disk Management>Right click to the disk, then:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	3731

First you need to download Acronis True Image (i have 2015 version) and burn as bootable at a cd-rom. Then start the pc insert the cd-rom and press F12 or F9 to go to boot order (read more). Choose CD-ROM

Name:	ghost1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	3738

Then it appears this menu, select Acronis true image

Name:	a1.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	3739

Now you entered acronis menu, to make an image select Backup

Name:	a2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	3740

Then select the partition(s) of the disk you want to make image. If you have newer os than windows XP you must also select the system reserved partition which is about 250mb (this partition contains boot manager, it is very important).

Name:	a3.jpg
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	3741

After, check "Create a new backup archive", browse to enter your image location and put a name to it

Name:	a4.jpg
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	3742

In the end, if you are very sure for the operation "proceed"

Name:	a5.jpg
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	3743

Although, Acronis is easier and more quick from Norton Ghost, but you cann't extract files from the image file. Υοu can edit this image(*.tib) file only with acronis loader.
    Spyros...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Spyros, I think that Acronis is much better and more reliable than norton Ghost!
    Last edited by Spyros; 05-01-2015, 10:12 PM.
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Tyler Durden
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Yes it is, but if you want to copy a disk with bad sectors to another, Norton Ghost is the best!
      Spyros...

Comment

your copying abyss in this manner I agree Norton ghost is the best for ages has the proper tools necessary to get the job done quickly without you getting some sort of random error message like I did before. I've been in situations where my entire computer crash because I use a program other than Norton ghost.

Comment

i have not done that before,but i have a drive with bad sector perhaps ,is there any solution for that?i can see my drive but can open it.

Comment

Originally posted by smbhossain786 View Post
            i have not done that before,but i have a drive with bad sector perhaps ,is there any solution for that?i can see my drive but can open it.
            To resolve this problem you have to write ecactly this disk to another with NORTON GHOST, because this is better for bad disks.
            If you want to tell you how to do this, please let me know
            Spyros...

Comment

Working...
            X