X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Repair Corrupt Word, Excel and PowerPoint Files

1. Open a Microsoft Office application from the Start Menu. If you want to fix Word file, then open Microsoft Word; if you want to repair Excel file, then open Microsoft Excel, etc.
    2. In the Microsoft Office window, click on the circular Office button at the top-left corner and select Open from the menu.
    3. When the Open File dialog is opened, select the file you want to repair, then click on the downward arrow next to the Open button and select from the drop-down list.
    4. Microsoft Office will show you options to repair the file or extract data from the file. If this is the first time you are trying to repair the file, then click on the Repair button. If you have tried to repair the file before without success, then you should choose Extract Data.
    5. Office will attempt to repair the file and open it. Once the file is opened, you can save it with a different name by clicking on the Office button and choosing Save As.
    The file repair feature is available only in Microsoft Office versions 2007, 2010 and 2013. There is no guarantee that a corrupt file will be successfully recovered as the file recovery entirely depends on the level of damage that the file has undergone. If there is little or no data inside a corrupt file, then you cannot possibly repair it using any of these methods.

Source

Ohhhh. Thank you for this. One of my biggest problems is someone coming to me with a file that "just won't open". This makes my life a whole ton easier.

Comment

I remember I had a file that was in this exact situation and I had to do a presentation and I had no idea what I was going to do I mean I couldn't open the file no matter what I did and things just got really uncomfortable. I'm glad that there's a solution to this problem but I wish I would've had it six months ago.

Comment

thank you so much for the post,its really helpful,keep posting like this good post.

Comment

Thanks for the guide. I wish I knew his earlier before I lost few documents though :/

Comment

i have applied this to my xl file it works for me,thanks for the post,

Comment

Thanks for the information. I cant even count the number of corrupt files I have lost. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X