Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Antivirus

What's your favorite antivirus?

I'm sure we've all tried a million and one different options, but which one do you keep going back to?
    Do you prefer purchasing one or do you go the free route?

Hard to say categorically, but i like ESET. Its not the most secure but it does not need so much resources like Norton or Kaspersky. Since there is no antivirus that will protect 100%, i like using antivirus that will not affect system system performance too much.
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Tyler Durden
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Rafail View Post
      Hard to say categorically, but i like ESET. Its not the most secure but it does not need so much resources like Norton or Kaspersky. Since there is no antivirus that will protect 100%, i like using antivirus that will not affect system system performance too much.
      I can definitely agree with that. I didn't have ESET until recently (within the last year or six months). I actually like it pretty well and love that it doesn't take a lot of system resources.

Comment

Ι agree with you eset is the best antivirus!
        Spyros...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Spyros View Post
          Ι agree with you eset is the best antivirus!
          What made you fall in love with ESET?
          Did you try others before hand or was it just the first you found and ended up sticking with?

Comment

Originally posted by Epicfied View Post
            What made you fall in love with ESET?
            Did you try others before hand or was it just the first you found and ended up sticking with?
            I have also tryed norton and kaspersky. Eset is the best, because it doesn't effect to your system performance. Also it doesn't bother you for unimportant reasons all the time.
            Spyros...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Spyros View Post
              I have also tryed norton and kaspersky. Eset is the best, because it doesn't effect to your system performance. Also it doesn't bother you for unimportant reasons all the time.
              Fair enough, I've noticed ESET hasn't been super annoying on notifications and saying "hey, pay attention to me!"

Comment

To be honest with you my favorite antivirus program is the everyone AVG I like AVG I think it's an incredibly simple system and I think he gets the job done. I like the way that sets up and I like the idea that they actually provide a free service of the first place. They're one of the few actual number one brands in defense that supply of free version of itself.

Comment

right now my favorite antivirus is Norton,its nice and light,

Comment

The best thing to do is check independent lab testing of antivirus products at least twice yearly. The efficacy of a particular product is not static. If you don't keep apprised of current test scores you may be leaving yourself vulnerable to threats and not realize it.

Comment

Well I have to say my favorite up to now has been the free version of AVG, it seems to work fine for me. I have used Avast and Windows Security but I always come back to Avg.

Comment

My best anti-virus is AVG. It is actually quite simple and one of my favorite features is the encrypted safe. In fact, since I installed it, my computer has never been infected by any disastrous virus even though I share and upload a lot of files.

Comment

Originally posted by mooray View Post
                          My best anti-virus is AVG. It is actually quite simple and one of my favorite features is the encrypted safe. In fact, since I installed it, my computer has never been infected by any disastrous virus even though I share and upload a lot of files.
                          You likely wouldn't suffer from a virus to begin with let alone a disastrous one. The vast majority of malware is not virus related to begin with. A true computer virus is actually quite rare. The virus was the dominant form of Malware in the 1980's and 1990's but that isn't the case anymore.

As for AVG, the malware protection provided is fairly decent but it is certainly not the best available. I would suggest checking out independent lab test scores and making your decisions from there. Scores change and malware threats change. It is a good idea to check scores at least twice a year or at renewal if you use a paid product.

Comment

My favorite antivirus would have to be Avast. The antivirus has served me well throughout my different laptops and computers. My experience with other popular antiviruses like AVG have been generally bad. Avast, in my opinion, is the best antivirus that you could get, even if you are a free user. Additionally, I like to pair Malwarebytes with Avast. With that setup, I find that it is less likely for a virus to infect my computer. Malwarebytes, in my opinion, has a better scanning system than Avast. It is very rare that my computer gets a virus thanks to the fearsome duo!

Comment

i do like to install kasper, but this one makes slow my pc, so i use norton

Comment

Working...
                              X