Recovery CD for Windows 10 ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery CD for Windows 10 ??

I''m just curious as to whether of not there is a way to recover Windows 10 and reinstall it if you have any problems after upgrading. I know that with my Windows 8.1 I was prompt to make recovery CDs when I first got the computer and also there is the recovery on the D drive. My question is , Does Windows 10 provide you with these things after upgrading? I would hate to upgrade and then not be able to recover or/and reinstall Windows 10. Anybody that has already upgraded to Windows 10, can you give me a little insight on this and how it all works. I am going to be upgrading within the next week and I just want to make sure I have these back up tools like I did with Windows 8.1. Also, does the recovery backup to reinstall Windows 10 have to be made on a USB device or can it be put on DVDs or CDs like my Windows 8.1. Thanks for any input.

You can download the Windows 10 Media Creation tool from Microsoft to make bootable windows install media. You can use a USB flash drive or a DVD. I don't have the link offhand but you can just google " Windows 10 Media Creation tool" and select the listing that is at a Microsoft site.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnBeaulieu View Post
      You can download the Windows 10 Media Creation tool from Microsoft to make bootable windows install media. You can use a USB flash drive or a DVD. I don't have the link offhand but you can just google " Windows 10 Media Creation tool" and select the listing that is at a Microsoft site.

thanks for the post, i think i will need this post later,

Comment

I would really recommend having various copies of your recovery data in different formats. DVD's can get corrupted as well as USB sticks. So the ideal is to have both a USB and a DVD with the data. I personally prefer using USB sticks but I always make a backup DVD as well.

Comment

You can read this tutorial to create a Windows 10 recovery disc or Usb:
          Method 1: Download ISO Directly From Microsoft Website Click Here to Download (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/) Method 2: Use

Comment

Working...
          X