C sharp (C#) and programming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C sharp (C#) and programming

C sharp is a programming language similar to Java, designed for building a variety of applications that run on the .NET Framework. C# is simple, powerful, and object-oriented. The many innovations in C# enable rapid application development while retaining the expressiveness and elegance of C-style languages without overwhelming the user
    as C do.

C# is prevalent on the Microsoft platform, but is also being used to develop software that runs on Linux, Android, and iOS devices as well. Learning C# can position a person well for future programming opportunities, provides a solid foundation in object-oriented programming knowledge, and paves the way for learning other programming languages. The another alternatives out there are Java or python, which are also object oriented.

Thanks for the information! I'm a college student taking programming courses. I'm still learning Java at the moment, but our college instructor told us that we will also be learning about C# some time in the future. Do you think it's a good idea to first learn Java before C# or should C# be learned first before Java?

Comment

Both are neat choices, since both languages are object oriented, therefore are similar. Regardless of your choice, it would be pretty easy to learn the another due to similarities in their logic. Afterwards, It will just be a matter of learning a language sintaxis.

Comment

Long ago, I played around with C a bit. It was a very compact language. Every single dot and space has significance. I haven't tried C# yet. Are there a lot of differences between C# and the original C? What are the main differences? Anyone knows?

Comment

Originally posted by windigo View Post
          Both are neat choices, since both languages are object oriented, therefore are similar. Regardless of your choice, it would be pretty easy to learn the another due to similarities in their logic. Afterwards, It will just be a matter of learning a language sintaxis.
          Ohh, so they kinda have the same logic. I hope that will make learning C# easier. Thank you for explaining it to me!

Comment

Working...
          X