X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you prefer Windows over other operating systems?

I have been using Windows for all my life. When I attempted to switch from Windows to Linux, my computer experience felt really uncomfortable. It wasn't long until I reverted back to Windows, and I never looked back. Now with Windows 10, my experience with the computer has been enhanced. With the complete rework of the interface of the operating system, my loyalty with Windows has strengthened. Even though Windows might be susceptible to viruses, unlike Mac, I will never think about switching to other operating systems.

thats a really very good question, i like windows because its easy to handle smooth, many soft supported.

Comment

Windows has always been the software that I grew up with, so I was just raised to trust that it was the best. Up until now, I still think it is (although I don't have much experience with a lot others). The sleek design and easy interface is simple enough for me to keep me staying with the brand. I once tried a few macs, but I didn't enjoy the layout or how incompatible it was with some things.

Comment

Good question MrOblivious!! I generally find that Windows is a more intuitive Operating system (OS) as compared to the alternatives out there. Particularly the program window management system is very conducive to work and study - even though other systems are improving.

For example, on MacOS, there is a less intuitive window management system compared to 'snap' that can be found on WinOS. The flexibility found on WinOS is arguably better suited to a majority of the population.

Furthermore, the scalability of WinOS makes it suitable from the most basic user to the advanced IT user compared to a less versatile MacOS. People often argue that Linux presents an easy alternative, however, they often fail to realize that the majority of advantages Linux provides, is not applicable to the average user, so ultimately the more polished and easy OS is their choice - Windows.

Comment

I have never used anything but Windows. I don't think that I would be used to anything else. It is easy to use and is very familiar to me. I would be lost with anything else. For me it has to be Windows.

Comment

i have used ubuntu, that was lasted for 3 days, i came back to windows again, Actually that was good but little tough to use and handle, it seemed to me that i am tie with a chain of restriction.

Comment

I prefernto use windows because, it is the OS I am most accustomed to. Nothing is easier that working with something that you know you are very much familiar with. It makes the work efficient in a way.

Comment

I have been using Windows all my life, ever since I was a child. I think it is because I was introduced to it at an early and I familiarized myself to the point that I feel weird using other types of OS.

Comment

I have tried to move to Linux multiple times, but always came back to Windows. Issues with drivers and lack of support for newest games with DX10+, as well as some other security related issues (no support for Truecrypt FDE) have stopped me from a permanent switch.

Comment

I used to wish that I have a Mac because everyone said that it was great blah, blah. Now that I have a Mac, I don't use it because it's very difficult to use - at least for me. I prefer Windows because I am used to it. Everything is there, and it is very user-friendly.

Comment

frankly says, windows is easy to handle as well as lots of apps which can be easily handle .

Comment

Gaming. I love Linux for the freedom to do a lot of stuff, and because it's free but you can't game on it as much as you can on a Windows machine. Oh, there are also popular programs for Windows only which are useful. Sure, Linux can have similar programs, but the Windows ones are usually more polished.

Comment

I didn't try a lot of operating systems, I only tried windows versions and one linux edition (ubuntu), I can say that windows is the best, it's the most friendly operating system, but from security, linux is the best !

Comment

I actually don't prefer Windows to be honest. I have a few software titles that won't run under anything else. I also work with, provide support for, and write about technology for a living. These would be my only real reasons for having Windows installed at this point. The amount of applications that I actually need Windows for has been shrinking rapidly over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by helaofthenorns View Post
                              I used to wish that I have a Mac because everyone said that it was great blah, blah. Now that I have a Mac, I don't use it because it's very difficult to use - at least for me. I prefer Windows because I am used to it. Everything is there, and it is very user-friendly.
                              yes i am absolutely agree with you, Mac is nice but much more complicated than windows, i think there is no other OS which can be handled easily as windows OS.

Comment

Working...
                              X