Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is windows 10 nearly similar to windows 8.1?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is windows 10 nearly similar to windows 8.1?

As i am running windows 10 i don't see anything difference between windows 8.1 and windows 10 primarily except starting menu,is there difference anybody got which is much better than windows 8.1?or got something which is not exist in windows 8.1?please let me know about that,

It doesn't seem like there any different to be honest with you it's amazing that Windows hasn't updated their software to a point where you don't have to require so many antivirus programs in all these different maintenance issues. They really need to make their device a little bit more like Mac where everything is just more simplistic.

Comment

I completely agree with you, I don't see any different between the two at all. which makes me a littler eerie to go with anything that windows say they've improved. It still all looks the exact same to me.

Comment

I installed Windows 10 on my friends computer a few weeks back and I had to check it was definitely Windows 10 and not 8.1. My laptop runs 8.1 fine and I couldn't see the difference, I'm sure there are some improvements but I really couldn't say where the improvements were. Maybe after using it for sometime you may notice a few tweaks here and there.

Comment

yes there is no difference,may have little but negligible i think,but i think there is some difference in internal performance,do you guys think it can be?

Comment

It must just be internal performance rather that the looks I'm guessing. My friend has said it's running really smooth and speedy but he has got a pretty up to date PC. It would be interesting for me to update my laptop which is currently on 8.1 to 10 and see if I notice any improvements but I'm a bit scared to at the moment!

Comment

yes you are right,i am using windows 10,really running smoothly,no problem till now,internal performance much better.

Comment

The only differences I have notices are some GUI changes, the classic windows start menu tray came back and looks like a modified version of the touchscreen friendly start menu tray. Good riddance with that uncomfortable interface, it was really
                a nuisance opening a window that covers all your desktop screen to only show a handful of icons and uninteresting apps.

Comment

Originally posted by windigo View Post
                  The only differences I have notices are some GUI changes, the classic windows start menu tray came back and looks like a modified version of the touchscreen friendly start menu tray. Good riddance with that uncomfortable interface, it was really
                  a nuisance opening a window that covers all your desktop screen to only show a handful of icons and uninteresting apps.
                  I agree with this, especially with the "uncomfortable" interface. Lol! This is why I like Windows 10 more then 8.1. The speed is also much faster based on my experience.

Comment

Since I have never used Windows 10, I was wondering how Windows 10 compares with Windows 8.1. In fact, I have not even used Windows 8.1. I used Windows 8 briefly. Since I found Windows 8 hard to use, I went back to Windows 7. I have used Windows 98, Windows 2000, and Windows 7.

Comment

As long as I know, these might look the same but that's just the outside, you never know what's inside all of those good looking gadgets, however, I personally think that Windows 10 has different features when it comes to special options and that sort of thing, Windows 8.1 clearly has more bugs and problems which I do not really know if these have been fixed because they released W 10 right after 8.1 so I do not really know exactly.

Comment

Miсrоsоft hаs dоnе lоts оf wоrk tо imprоvе thе Mаil аnd саlеndаr аpps соmpаrеd tо Windоws 8. Thеy'rе fаstеr, еаsiеr tо usе аnd соndеnsе mоrе infоrmаtiоn intо lеss spасе withоut mаking thеm fееl сluttеrеd.
                        Thе mаil аpp nоw hаs swipе gеsturеs – а соmmоn fеаturе оf mаny mоbilе mаil аpps thаt wоrks rеаlly wеll. Mоst impоrtаntly, Mаil suppоrts PоP еmаil аnd thе саlеndаr аpp finаlly suppоrts Gооglе саlеndаr.
                        Thеy'rе аlsо 'rеspоnsivе', whiсh mеаns thе shаpе аnd lаyоut оf thе аpps will аdаpt tо wоrk in thе sizе оf thе windоw it's in – it's а usеful wаy tо lеt thе аpps bе оpеn оn thе dеsktоp аlоngsidе оthеr аpps аnd still bе usаblе

Comment

Working...
                        X