Who here builds computers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here builds computers?

I've had an interest in building computers for years but never had the change to get into it until recently.
    My husband, who is also here on the forum, has built computer for years.

Who else here has the interest in building computers?

http://www.windowsten.info/showthrea...Computer-Specs
    You should share your computer specs and build there.

Me! an almost all advanced Computer users. For me, it's impossible to find an "ready assembled" computer for my needs. Most of users want a computer system for their needs (differend GPU, different HDD/SSD, AM e.t.c). Building custom computer for your needs is an "must" process.
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Tyler Durden
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I built my own computer too. It was actually fairly easy and gave me the opportunity to have the exact specifications that I wanted. It also turned out to be a great deal cheaper than buying ready-built too. It was well worth doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafail View Post
        Me! an almost all advanced Computer users. For me, it's impossible to find an "ready assembled" computer for my needs. Most of users want a computer system for their needs (differend GPU, different HDD/SSD, AM e.t.c). Building custom computer for your needs is an "must" process.
        I've actually been surprised by the lack of computer builders I've ran into on computer forums, sounds like you'd be surprised too.
        I'm all for customizing a system.

Comment

Me to! I have just done my upgrade! http://www.windowsten.info/showthrea...Computer-Specs
          Spyros...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by missbishi View Post
            I built my own computer too. It was actually fairly easy and gave me the opportunity to have the exact specifications that I wanted. It also turned out to be a great deal cheaper than buying ready-built too. It was well worth doing.
            What's your build? You should definitely share it here: http://www.windowsten.info/showthrea...Computer-Specs

Comment

I once thought I was smart enough to build a computer I easily found out that was a horrible idea and that the best thing for me to do is to go to a professional when I'm trying to make upgrades.

Comment

I installed the hard drive and setup an older PC, making it like brand new for my current PC. Trying to figure out how to install it and do all the handy work was tricky for a first timer, but fun. Now it works brilliantly.

Comment

At one point in time I was very interested in learning how to build computers. I don't know where my interest went I remember enjoying the idea of it. Over time I guess the work is what really scared me away from the idea. It seemed like a long process something that really taxes you mentally and financially.

Comment

yes i am building computer everyday in my shop where i work,buying best parts form the market(my choice),as you know every parts from one company is not good,so i buy parts from different oriented companies,as i am doing this for 9 years,i know about computer sections,(desktop)and know what problem i may suffer (for what company parts and what parts)

Comment

I have built my own computer in the past. It can be very costly. The only down side is that they are hard to sell to everyday people because they are looking for something cheap and do not understand what all you have put into it to make it so much better than anything else that they can buy!

Comment

I built my first computer around a year and a half ago. It was so fun! It's definitely better than buying a prebuilt computer which is expensive with parts that are inferior in performance and also worse in quality. It's a fun hobby to get into, but also an expensive one.

Comment

I don't build computers, but I know several people who knows how to build PCs.

Comment

I have been building computers for 23 years. I have boxes and boxes of parts. It is a fun hobby slightly expensive but not so bad if you get parts from the right sources. It is a good way to learn about the technology.

Comment

I do a lot of re-configuring and or upgrading of older computers as well. Sometimes when I'm done it is almost a completely different computer. It is great fun and a good way to earn income if you know how to handle the business aspect as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X