X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's keeping you from switching to the brand new Edge browser?

With windows 10 launched a brand new internet browser that is really fast. However, it isn't perfect. As of now, there aren't any support for extensions or themes (although they are planning to add it in the near future). There are other bugs that need to be worked out, but overall there isn't anything major wrong with Edge. What's your reason for sticking with Chrome/Firefox/etc?

There is no reason to switch to Edge. Chrome and Waterfox are much better in my opinion and all the extensions I use aren't available on Edge browser. Then my bookmarks won't sync up with my iPad, smartphone etc.

So, unless they come up with some new functions that no other browser has, a switch seems like a waste of time.

Comment

Although I do find Edge to be a bit more snappier than Chrome or Firefox (waterfox included), it just lacks too many basic features to be considered a main browser for anyone right now. Addons/extensions aren't supported yet, so that's a huge disadvantage when browsing the web. There are some that I rely on (like uBlock) and others that are just nice to have. I think once they start supporting things like that and cloud syncing, a lot of people will switch. Even when that DOES happen though, I'll probably still stick with Chrome and Firefox for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Exxo View Post
        it just lacks too many basic features to be considered a main browser for anyone right now. Addons/extensions aren't supported yet,
        I think we will get that too, as its just been released, we will get updates of that,just a matter of time.

Comment

I usually use Edge for basic browsing. I find that it's the small things - extensions, right click menu, new-tab bugs. The other browsers feel much more feature complete, but given that Microsoft did a rewrite, it's not surprising Edge doesn't feel as polished!

Time is the great improver, but competition is also something that drives innovation. To have Chrome and Firefox pushing Microsoft to improve their browser is really something we should celebrate, and Edge is similarly an excellent driver of innovation in return. For example, Chrome/Firefox probably wouldn't have existed if Internet Explorer didn't, and Edge wouldn't if Chrome hadn't!!

I AM also looking forward to the universality of Edge - it'll be interesting to see how they implement it on other devices if they bring it.
          Last edited by hoverman; 18-08-2015, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I have used Google and Firefox so long that I am just comfortable with them and know my way around. I haven't tried the new browser Edge so I am not sure yet if I would like it or not. I haven't upgrade to windows 10 yet and I don't know if you can download it for windows 8.1 or not.

Comment

I prefer Chrome over Edge because the latter does not have basic features that Chrome has. Users who use Chrome have the ability to tailor the browser to their own liking, using the Chrome Web Browser. Whether it be choosing themes for Chrome, or just downloading add-ons such as "Adblock", Chrome is much more "user-friendly" than Edge.

Comment

I don't even want to try Microsoft Edge XD . Microsofts past web browsers have been terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE. Due to my pre-conceived ideas about this browser, I don't even want to so much as look at it. I know it's a very dumb way of thinking, but all of their browsers usually suck. I think that I shouldn't even waste my time re-downloading this browser and trying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Urmomshairylegs View Post
                  I don't even want to try Microsoft Edge XD . Microsofts past web browsers have been terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE. Due to my pre-conceived ideas about this browser, I don't even want to so much as look at it. I know it's a very dumb way of thinking, but all of their browsers usually suck. I think that I shouldn't even waste my time re-downloading this browser and trying it.
                  You mean all of their other browsers as in their 1 other browser? Internet Explorer was their only other browser and Edge is a completely different browser. It isn't IE with a new look or name. You don't download Edge by the way, it comes with Windows 10.

Comment

I think Edge is meant for people who still use Internet Explorer as the default browser, to give them less reasons to look for better alternatives outside of Microsoft. Myself I won't use anything from MS unless I have any other choice. Too many bugs and glitches and privacy concerns for my taste.

Comment

Well I haven't tried the Edge browser because I haven't upgraded yet. I am just kinda of sitting back and seeing what others experiences are with the Edge browser. I use chrome and firefox and recently downloaded a new browser called Citiro. I have been having some problems with the chrome for the last month of so with it losing the connection. Needless to say is very annoying, because I had never had any problems with chrome before. I am still looking for a really fast browser that stays connected and has no problems. I might try Edge in the future when I upgrade to windows 10 and see how it does.

Comment

The only reason why I'm sticking with the old browsers is because they still work perfectly for me. I'm still using my old windows xp and it works like a charm. If something's not broken, why fix it?

Comment

Plugins, mostly. I have very important plugins on Mozilla Firefox which I doubt I can use on Edge. I like Edge if only I have to search for the basic stuff, but for managing my emails and other logins, I'll stick with Firefox.

Oh, I also feel suspicious about Microsoft Edge. I already use Windows 10, I don't think I'd like to give Microsoft more avenues to snoop on me.

Comment

I still love to use Mozilla Firefox, and it has improved with the new version for Windows 10. I still have all my important bookmarks on Firefox so I wouldn't be switching anytime soon. Microsoft Edge do not have enough new features to make me want to use it as my default browser. It's fast though, I'll give it that.

Comment

Edgе just kееps сrаshing with multiplе tаbs оpеn, its Jаvаsсript pеrfоrmаnсе is pаthеtiс. Thе whоlе brоwsеr is а jоkе. Hоwеvеr, Firеfоx is аnоthеr dеаl. It hаs аll thе сhrоmе fеаturеs, widе plugin suppоrt. Hоwеvеr, its rеsоurсе usаgе is sеvеrаl timеs lоwеr thаn thаt оf сhrоmе, соnsidеring thаt thеrе аrе nо trаdе-оffs, I think it's а nо-brаinеr tо сhооsе Firеfоx. Mоst impоrtаntly, it rеаlly dоеs rеspесt yоur privасy. Unlikе gооglе.

Comment

Working...
                              X