X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is windows 10 really last operating system from microsoft?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Windows-10-Technology-HD-Wide-Wallpaper.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	5513

yes that's right, windows 10 will be last.From now one, only updates will be released,which will add new features or programs.this is the final and ever lasting operating system as far Microsoft told,What you guys think about it?is it really going to be the last?or Microsoft may change its plan.please leave a comment on it.
    Last edited by smbhossain786; 03-08-2015, 03:32 PM.

Well, unless they come up with huge feature updates that they want to add or a completely new UI, there isn't really any need to create a new version. Creating a new OS for a few small changes is just unnecessary since they can easily be included in updates for the current OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Frennemeister View Post
      Well, unless they come up with huge feature updates that they want to add or a completely new UI, there isn't really any need to create a new version. Creating a new OS for a few small changes is just unnecessary since they can easily be included in updates for the current OS.

i agree with you, since there are lots of ways to be updated, i think no need to create anymore operating system newly.until something different comes up.

Comment

I agree there should be no reason to keep updating when there isn't much else to change. It makes sense to just update it as needed. It seems like almost every year there has been a upgrade on the windows system. I would really like for it to stay with one version and just keep it updated.

Comment

Originally posted by moreno58 View Post
          I agree there should be no reason to keep updating when there isn't much else to change. It makes sense to just update it as needed. It seems like almost every year there has been a upgrade on the windows system. I would really like for it to stay with one version and just keep it updated.

i am agree too, updating is sufficient, no need anymore new OS until something absolutely different,

Comment

I don't think so. Microsoft 10 is excellent but I don't think it will be the final Operating System from Microsoft.Technology evolves and 10 or 20 years down the line Microsoft will be forced to come up with something new.

Comment

Originally posted by mooray View Post
              I don't think so. Microsoft 10 is excellent but I don't think it will be the final Operating System from Microsoft.Technology evolves and 10 or 20 years down the line Microsoft will be forced to come up with something new.

you may be right but, i think Microsoft will not do same think again and again, i mean windows 8, 8.1, 10 all are same operating system with different qualities, not different, so i think Microsoft will create next time something different than windows,

Comment

Windows 10 is definitely not going to be the last Operating System made by Microsoft. Microsoft has been making Windows for over 20 years now, and they're one of the biggest OS providers in the World. If they stopped creating Windows, then there would be a major problem in every country on Earth. Windows is on %60 of all computers sold. Microsoft won't ever quit making Operating Systems with that kind of ratio.

Comment

It is the end of Windows as a product, not Windows as an operating system. Windows as a service is the new business model. People don't seem to understand this concept and I'm not sure why. Moving to a continually updated service instead of a clunky product re-write/upgrade cycle is a fairly simple concept.

Comment

I believe that this is not Microsoft's final attempt to upgrade the Windows operating system. There is so much to be improved upon, but that is understandable because Windows 10 is still in its infant stage. If it were true, then that would be really sad. I've been using Windows all my life and I've always been looking forward to upgrades to the operating system. Although Windows 10 may not be flawless, it does have a lot of features that edges out other operating systems such as Linux. With Windows releasing Windows 10, it has overcome other versions of the operating system, especially Windows 8.1.

Comment

The are stopping there development cycle for now on operating systems. That being said, they are focusing on one operating system for everything. Like a universal system. They want the phones operating system to be close to the desktops, but still have the phone feeling. They want that integration and the ease of being able to swap from a touch screen to a desktop screen. Unless there's something revolutionary in the coming years for operating systems, we are safe to say that this will be the last one for quite some time.

Comment

I don't see a reason for them to create a totally new version, so I can understand their reason to stop. The current version is already so user friendly (well, in my case). Occasional updates are all the community really needs. If you don't like the current system, find a new one. Windows 10 is doing great.

Comment

it will be updated to be improved but, i don't think MS Should come back to win to reformat it to lunch newly with some extra addition

Comment

Originally posted by bobcat4848 View Post
                            The are stopping there development cycle for now on operating systems. That being said, they are focusing on one operating system for everything. Like a universal system. They want the phones operating system to be close to the desktops, but still have the phone feeling. They want that integration and the ease of being able to swap from a touch screen to a desktop screen. Unless there's something revolutionary in the coming years for operating systems, we are safe to say that this will be the last one for quite some time.

No they aren't. They are ending the current product release cycle in favor of a new development and release method. Windows is and will be continually developed with upgrades and changes occurring through windows update. This is a move to a more active and incremental development cycle for windows that doesn't require product launches or major version changes. They did NOT stop the development cycle for operating systems.

Comment

Microsoft is a huge business. I don't think its going to be the last OS for the company. Though, if it is, they will find a way to still grab hold of our money via other means like patches, antivirus updates and whatnot. It is a company that thrives on continuous use/misuse of its products.

Comment

Working...
                              X