• Show
Clear All

• Hidden Dark Theme

Click image for larger version

Name:	10-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	8600

Dark themes are cool, but besides being cool they are also good for our sight by reducing the eye strain of looking at bright stuff all the time. There is a Dark Theme in Edge as well as in many other apps and also Windows 10 has a built-in Dark Theme but for some odd reason they have hidden it from the public and it is not available in the Home version of Windows 10. For those who like the idea of a dark theme and are not in the Home version of Windows 10, here is the trick of how to access to it.

Open the registry editor by typing "regedit" in the search bar. After doing that click on the regedit icon:

Name:	9-2.gif
Views:	2
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	8599

1) Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Themes\Personalize and if you can't find the Personalize key, create a new one by right clicking on "Themes".

2) Create a new DWord called AppsUseLightTheme and set it to zero. It should be zero when you create it anyways.

3) Navigate to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Themes\Personalize
    and if you can't find the Personalize key, create a new one by right clicking on "Themes".

4) Create a new DWord called AppsUseLightTheme and set it to zero. This one should be zero by default too.

Then reboot your system or just log off and log in again to find your new, hidden, dark and cool new theme that will look like this:

Name:	10-2.gif
Views:	1
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	8601

Well I could probably use the help when it comes to reducing the eye strain, so that is certainly some good news. I also just like the look, and to be honest that is more of a motivating factor here, but I am probably not alone there. I always like finding the little things like this, the hidden gems if you will. Thank you for pointing this one out, and my eyes will thank you later on down the road. Thanks again for sharing.

Comment

Working...
    X