Windows 10 supports Multi display Taskbar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 supports Multi display Taskbar

A good feature for those who use more than one display on their pc's (like me!)

A great feature that started on windows 8.
    On windows 7 an earlier, when more than one display was attached on a pc, windows used the first display as "Main" ad the second just for desktop space.
    So the second display had no Start menu and taskbar. That has been updated on Windows 10, now both displays have its own start menu (see pic).

There is no need any more for third party software for doind this (i used DisplayFusion on windows 7).

Click image for larger version

Name:	windows-10-dual-screen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	3707

To show taskbar o both windows right click on taksbar and click Properties. There is a multiple displays menu that you can choose how tasbar will be shown on both displays.

Click image for larger version

Name:	windows-10-taskbar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	3718
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rafail; 04-01-2015, 09:07 PM.
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Tyler Durden
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I expected something like that to happen, but I expected it to be rather limited and buggy at first. I didn't even notice this to be honest, so when I fire my laptop, I'll give it try and toy around with it, seems stable tho from what I searched around on the web.

Comment

Believe me it IS stable! it one of these moments that we must "Accept" windows 10!
      This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
      Tyler Durden
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Rafail View Post
        Believe me it IS stable! it one of these moments that we must "Accept" windows 10!
        I fired up my laptop and played around with it while connected to my PC monitor. Really good looking and stable. I don't have much use of it but I'm sure others will. It's the little things that count.

Comment

I actually find this useful despite all the other things that they included in the new design this actually has some sort of cohesive flow to. It's amazing seeing this company try to move toward a better more futuristic look.

Comment

Is there a way to disable the start menu button on the secondary display? I currently have my system set up so the taskbar on my primary display has a start menu, and the other display only shows the windows on that display.

Comment

To disable the Windows key, follow these steps:
              Click Start, click Run, type regedt32, and then click OK.
              On the Windows menu, click HKEY_LOCAL_ MACHINE on Local Machine.
              Double-click the System\CurrentControlSet\Control folder, and then click the Keyboard Layout folder.
              More items...
              How to disable the keyboard Windows key - Microsoft Support
              support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/216893

Comment

Not having had chance to play around with windows 10 yet, nor having dual screens (no longer working in IT because no longer working due to acquiring a disability that has me bedbound at the moment) does the dual screen task bar have the option to display only the programs that are on that screen on that taskbar? The app I used to use (must find it again) would actually restrict itself to only showing the programs displayed on screen 1 on the taskbar of screen 1 and the programs running on screen 2 were only shown on screen 2's taskbar which I found amazingly useful.
                I's guessing not, but it is hard to tell from the screenshots above, but I guess this is finally a step the in right direction.

Comment

Working...
                X