X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popular question : What's the bеst Windows fоr gaming?

Аs а lifеlоng gаmеr I саn tеll yоu thаt thе nеwеst Windоws ОS is АLWаYS thе bеst gаming plаtfоrm. Nо еxсеptiоns.
    If nоthing еlsе, thе lаtеst vеrsiоn оf Dirесt X is аlwаys impоrtаnt tо plаy thе lаtеst gаmеs.
    Surе, thеrе аrе аlwаys gоing tо bе bugs, аnd sоmеtimеs thе fоlks аt Rеdmоnd gеt thеir hеаds in а dаrk smеlly plасе, witnеss thе "lеts fоrсе thе wоrld tо usе Mеtrо" fiаsсо. But... Miсrо$оft knоws gаming is оnе оf it's mаin$tаy$, sо thеy $uppоrt it.
    еvеry nеw vеrsiоn оf windоws sinсе 3.1 hаs hаd spесifiс upgrаdеs with gаmеrs in mind. еvеn thе mаlignеd аnd misundеrstооd vеrsiоns оf Windоws suсh аs Vistа оr Mе оr 8 wеrе supеriоr tо plаy оn thаn thе оnеs bеfоrе thеm. аnd Win 8 асtuаlly mаdе it pоssiblе tо plаy sоmе bеlоvеd оld 98-XP еrа gаmеs dirесtly, with nо VM.
    I аm uttеrly соnfidеnt thаt Win 10 will соntinuе Miсrо$оft'$ dеdiсаtiоn tо bеing thе gо-tо gаmе plаtfоrm. Fоr thе vеry bе$t rеа$оn$.

What do you think?

I would say always go with the latest Windows, because that's what they keep updating. Other than that there is no big deal to be honest, atleast not for me.
    I don't think W7 is too bad either, but I still like W10 better.

Comment

I don't see any reason to use any version of Windows besides 10, except for very specific edge cases where you know for sure Windows 10 will not be compatible with your application.

It is faster, it is the only version of Windows that supports DirectX 12, and it will be supported for longer. There aren't any performance downsides that I am aware of, so I don't see a reason to downgrade to Windows 7/8.

Outside of games, there are a lot of genuinely useful features that are exclusive to 10, like the Ubuntu subsystem they've added, which is slowly becoming a really nice feature—albeit, not quite nice enough for me to give up my Mac or actual Linux systems permanently (yet...).

Overall, my biggest problem with w10 is how much Windows update was changed, but that isn't too relevant for games

Comment

Originally posted by Arseny View Post
        I don't see any reason to use any version of Windows besides 10, except for very specific edge cases where you know for sure Windows 10 will not be compatible with your application.

It is faster, it is the only version of Windows that supports DirectX 12, and it will be supported for longer. There aren't any performance downsides that I am aware of, so I don't see a reason to downgrade to Windows 7/8.

Outside of games, there are a lot of genuinely useful features that are exclusive to 10, like the Ubuntu subsystem they've added, which is slowly becoming a really nice feature—albeit, not quite nice enough for me to give up my Mac or actual Linux systems permanently (yet...).

Overall, my biggest problem with w10 is how much Windows update was changed, but that isn't too relevant for games
        Well, there are many reasons that could stop you from using it; there are many people all around the world who do not really have access to a good quality PC and therefore, they have to use older Windows versions, it somehow happens to me at the moment, I really feel like my PC can run Windows 10, but I do not really know whether if it will run it smoothly or not, that's why I am here, trying to get some information about whether I should upgrade to Windows 10 or I should stay with Windows 7.

By the way, OS may be really relevant for games, I still remember that I could not play The Sims 2 on Windows Vista, I had to crack it to make it work, but originally it does not run on Windows Vista Home Basic version.

Comment

Well I really have no idea what the preferred OS is, but I am really glad I came here because it seems like others have a much better idea. I would go ahead and assume that Windows 10 would be your best bet, and when it comes to reviews I have heard that it is good for gaming, but I am not sure how much I put into those, and I really will not know until I get into myself. Faster usually means better here, so I would say W10. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander View Post

Well, there are many reasons that could stop you from using it; there are many people all around the world who do not really have access to a good quality PC and therefore, they have to use older Windows versions, it somehow happens to me at the moment, I really feel like my PC can run Windows 10, but I do not really know whether if it will run it smoothly or not, that's why I am here, trying to get some information about whether I should upgrade to Windows 10 or I should stay with Windows 7.
            It is seemingly pretty rare to find an instance where Windows 10 actually performs worse than 7. These past two iterations are actually more optimized than 7!

Originally posted by Commander View Post
            By the way, OS may be really relevant for games, I still remember that I could not play The Sims 2 on Windows Vista, I had to crack it to make it work, but originally it does not run on Windows Vista Home Basic version.
            Yes, it can be, but in general, Windows 10 seems to have gone pretty smoothly. I'd say, unless you know for sure that Windows 10 has issues with an application you need, you should probably just upgrade.

A lot has changed since Vista The public at large is allowed to beta test throughout the lifetime of the OS with Windows 10, so most updates tend to go pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Arseny View Post

It is seemingly pretty rare to find an instance where Windows 10 actually performs worse than 7. These past two iterations are actually more optimized than 7!

Yes, it can be, but in general, Windows 10 seems to have gone pretty smoothly. I'd say, unless you know for sure that Windows 10 has issues with an application you need, you should probably just upgrade.

A lot has changed since Vista The public at large is allowed to beta test throughout the lifetime of the OS with Windows 10, so most updates tend to go pretty well.
              Of course I know that a lot of things have changed, by the way, thank you for your advice, but I am the kind of person that really likes looking up for information about what I am going to purchase and that sort of thing, it's quite important for me to choose wisely all the time, I really recommend you to try that technique as well, thank you again.

Comment

Working...
              X