Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatibility Assistant Errors..

Hi

Every morning when I start up the desktop, I get an error message as follows:

"This App isn't working correctly. Try reinstalling Samsung SCX-4500 series"

That is very strange, since I do not have any Samsung kit and never have had! The device does not appear to be listed anywhere in device manager or control panel.

I saw another thread here explaining how to disable the compatibility assistant .. but I am just wondering if there is a simpler or less drastic fix available?

home built i750 desktop + Win10 upgraded from Win7 & Microsoft Surface Pro 4 i750

... but evidently not :-)
    home built i750 desktop + Win10 upgraded from Win7 & Microsoft Surface Pro 4 i750

Comment

Most likely that app was preinstalled on your computer. If you wish to uninstall the app, follow the below steps:
      1. Right click on Start and select Programs and Features.
      2. Search for the app, right click on it and select Uninstall.

Comment

Originally posted by Evidenc3 View Post
        Most likely that app was preinstalled on your computer. If you wish to uninstall the app, follow the below steps:
        1. Right click on Start and select Programs and Features.
        2. Search for the app, right click on it and select Uninstall.
        Thank you for responding. Sadly, it is not listed anywhere that I can find, including in programs and features..

Comment

you can disable that app from automatic starting with Windows.

By pressing
          "Ctrl+Alt+Del"
          you will open task manager. on "Startup" tab you can find that app and right click on it and then click "Disable"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Task-Manager.png
Views:	1
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	8775

Comment

Sadly not, Evidence 3 .. it is nowhere listed in Task Manager, including in the startup section.
            Unless it is a by-product of something that is listed, such as the Catalyst Control Manager .. but I don't see anything that would want to be Samsung-specific, and I don't want to start disabling things on the off-chance, to see what happens

Comment

You may check also on Starup folder:
              http://windowsten.info/forum/guides/...startup-folder

Or maby it is a service not a startup software. So you can hit
              "Ctrl+Alt+Del"
              and click on "Services" Tab n Task Manager and check if there is any service from Samsung.
              If so, you can right click on start menu and click "RUN Command", write "Services.msc" and click "OK", find that service on list, right click and click "Disable"

Samsung SCX-4500 is a laser printer, and it's a bit strange to be preinstalled with Windows. You can check again on installed programs and if you see something like "Easy printer manager", that's it. You may uninstall it.

Comment

Working...
              X