TeamViewer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeamViewer

Is anyone familiar with running TeamViewer on Windows 10? I just got a fresh install done and I'm trying to install TeamViewer so I can remotely connect to the machine.

When I connect, I only get a black screen. Windows isn't frozen, but it just doesn't display anything. I can connect to other host computers on the Windows 10 VM, but I can't connect from another PC to my Windows 10 VM.

I've tried reinstalling TeamViewer and pinged their support team only to be told they don't support Windows 10. That's not overly surprising, but I thought they might have some insight at least.

I can't seem to figure out if this is a VM issue, or if this is a Windows 10 issue, or a combination of the two.

Many software, like Classic Shell and TeamViewer in this case, have compatibility problems with Windows 10, it's normal, the next version of these programs will fix these isues.

For now it is a fix for that TeamViewer Bug:
    You can fix it manually by doing next steps on Registry or just download the ready REG file that will fix that problem.

Option 1: Download TeamViewer Fix for Windows 10
    Download This Reg File and double click on it, click OK on messages and restart TeamViewer.
    windows10_teamviewer_fix.reg

Option 2: Do it Manually
    Press Windows key + R key on your keyboard so windows run window will open
    Click image for larger version

Name:	windows-plus-r run command.png
Views:	2
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	3628

Type there 'Regedit' (without quotes)

Name:	regedit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	3627

Windows Registry will open, navigate to 'HKEY _LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TeamViewer' and right click-create a new 'Dword (32bit) value' (see pic)

Name:	windows 10 teamviewer 1.jpg
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	3626

name it 'DisableDuplicationAPI' and double click on it, type "1" on "value data" and click "OK".

Name:	windows 10 teamviewer 2.jpg
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	3625

That's it, open TeamViewer and give a try.
    Last edited by Rafail; 18-02-2015, 10:39 PM.
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Tyler Durden
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Sweet! Thank you so much for this! Working like a charm now!!

Comment

yes,i am using team viewer on windows 10.it is working nicely,thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X