- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Free hard disk space: 16 GB
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
- A Microsoft account and Internet access
- install Windows 7 SP1, you can upgrade to the preview by using Windows Update or by downloading an ISO file
- If you're running Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7 and your system language isn't English, Chinese Simplified, or Brazilian Portuguese, you can only keep your personal files when you upgrade. You won't be able to keep your apps or Windows settings.
- If you're running Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7 and have installed a language pack or a language interface pack (LIP), they'll be removed when you install Technical Preview.