Check your CPU and Graphics Temp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check your CPU and Graphics Temp

Very nice tool to check temp on your Graphics Card and CPU.
    It does not require installation and it has many other features.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_185.png
Views:	2
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	3793

Download:
    siw.exe
    Attached Files

I always blow out dust and build up from my computers. I check the fans and the airflow direction to ensure better cooling. That said this still might be useful.

Comment

yes ,that's true.this post is very useful,thanks for the post.

Comment

I had a look at this, but I prefer SMFC (a program which can control your fans).

Comment

i have used above tool that's really nice to observe CPU.

Comment

That respective program you've exposed only serves as information as to where your computer situates, performance-wise. If you see that your computer experiences huge increases in temperature, then you need to open it, put apart components and clean them. Though try to only focus at the processor... its fan usually is the cause for the lag you may experience, the rest of the components aren't that much affected by dust whatsoever.

Comment

this is really nice post, i have used this and tested this, when i see over-heating of my pc on this soft, i open my pc what i see was astonishing, totally full of dust on my motherboard, cooler fan was moving but really very slow,thats the reason its was overheating. i think this works perfectly.

Comment

Thanks for posting this! Diagnostically, it's a great little application that can certainly identify some causes for poor computer performance.

Comment

Originally posted by hoverman View Post
                  Thanks for posting this! Diagnostically, it's a great little application that can certainly identify some causes for poor computer performance.
                  yes really its great little apps

Comment

It is always good to keep temperatures in range. Proper airflow and the occasional removal of dust and debris are important. Generally, unless you have overclocked, monitoring of temperatures isn't an absolute must though. There are exceptions of course. Some software can put the CPU or the GPU under a good deal of stress.

Comment

The link is no longer working but if there is another program that does the same thing or if you could post another link to this program, it would really be great. I like to know at what temperature my CPU is running, I think that windows should come with one of these programs per-installed.

Comment

I used to have a utility to monitor the temperature. Can't remember its name because I have not used it for some time. The reason being that looking at the temperature doesn't help make it any cooler. What I have is a large cooling fan under my laptop. Plus a big table fan blowing from the side. That keeps the temperature under control. Keeps me cool, too. And I think it works because I use my laptop something like 18 to 20 hours every day. So far, it has been functioning well. Touch wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Aree Wongwanlee View Post
                          I used to have a utility to monitor the temperature. Can't remember its name because I have not used it for some time. The reason being that looking at the temperature doesn't help make it any cooler. What I have is a large cooling fan under my laptop. Plus a big table fan blowing from the side. That keeps the temperature under control. Keeps me cool, too. And I think it works because I use my laptop something like 18 to 20 hours every day. So far, it has been functioning well. Touch wood.
                          It might not make you computer cooler but it does help explain why your computer might start to become slower. This simply means that you know when you should switch off your computer and give it a rest, in case you don't have a cooling fan, and who said that it's only your computer that needs to remain cool.
                          I also have a side fan but I find that all I have to do is increase the space between the bottom of my computer and the table and that is more than enough to keep my computer cool.

Comment

Oh very nice. This is something that I can always use, and anytime I can avoid bending and shifting to see the back of the computer that is win. Although I do not really use a desktop that much anymore and the laptops are really not to difficult to inspect. But regardless, this would be nice to have to check in. The more that I can regularly monitor versus fix every now and then that is certainly for the better. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by SirJoe View Post

It might not make you computer cooler but it does help explain why your computer might start to become slower. This simply means that you know when you should switch off your computer and give it a rest, in case you don't have a cooling fan, and who said that it's only your computer that needs to remain cool.
                              I also have a side fan but I find that all I have to do is increase the space between the bottom of my computer and the table and that is more than enough to keep my computer cool.
                              Yes, I think you have the right idea there. Normally a laptop would have only a very small clearance between the table top and the bottom of the laptop where the fan is. The space is hardly half-a-centimeter high. There so many things which can block the flow of air in such a restricted space. Just some papers placed by the side of the laptop can cut the air flow by half. I use a cooling pad. This adds about one and half inches of clearance. So besides having an extra big fan to move the air, there is so much more space for the air to flow freely.

Comment

Working...
                              X